Major Causes of Blurry Images
It is annoying when you go to home from an event and realizing that most of your photos have turned out blurry. There are 4 major causes of blurry photos in digital cameras and unless you know what to look for, it’s hard to tell what is causing the problem.
The four main causes of blurry photos are:
- Miss the focus
- The subject moves while the shutter is open
- The camera moves while the shutter is open
- Parameters aren’t set carefully
1. Miss the focus is the problem when you click the focus point not exactly in the object, this problem often to appear when you use small number (wide open) aperture, for example: use aperture 1.2 or 1.4 will make this problem if you aren’t click the focus point exactly.
2. The subject moves while the shutter is open – this often to appear when you shoot sport activities, dance performance, action performance that require fast shutter speed. If you take a shoot at night (for example you want to shoot basketball competition at night) this also often become a problem.
3. The camera moves while the shutter is open – this problem comes from the photographer hands. This problem can be reduce by using tripod when you take a photo or you can practice to use your camera more. Each photographer has a different condition, for example someone maybe can take a shoot about 1/40s without blur but the other can’t . Nowadays Canon has support some tele lenses with IS (image stabilization) that will help photographer to reduce the hand shake.
4. Parameters aren’t set carefully – this problem often to appear when you in hurry take a photo for special moment, sometimes we forget to set the parameters carefully. The parameters like shutter speed, aperture, and ISO is important when we want to take a photo. For example use low ISO at night will cause most of your photos turned out blurry.